| Progress Continues
We've already had 11040 updates since Dolphin 5.0. Keep up with Dolphin's continuing progress through the Dolphin Blog: August/September 2019 Progress Report.
| The Dolphin Emulator Wiki needs your help!
Dolphin can play thousands of games, and changes are happening all the time. Help us keep up! Join in and help us make this the best resource for Dolphin.
Windows and Mac
- Download and extract the latest revision/version of Dolphin into a new folder (preferably named after the revision).
- Dolphin for Windows now use Global User Directory. By default, it is under "%userprofile%\Documents\Dolphin Emulator\". You do not need to migrate anything if the previous Dolphin build was or higher. Otherwise, you may want to migrate every folders besides \Languages\ and \Sys\ to there. And if one migrated folder happened to be \User\ then move all subfolders out of its parent folder.
- If you want to use old GameCube Memory Card files, place them under \GC\.
- Wii NAND dumps should be placed under \Wii\. This is optional. You may want to check how to dump your own NAND backup here NAND Usage Guide.
- Using StateSaves between versions may cause problems. It is not recommended.
- Run the Dolphin executable and have fun!
Problems? try the FAQ before asking questions in the forums.
Ubuntu users can download and use a Debian software package (.deb) from the main site or with apt-get.
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:glennric/dolphin-emu
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install dolphin-emu
ArchLinux and respins
# pacman -S dolphin-emu
Other GNU/Linux users have to build and install from source code.
In most cases, the default settings works fine. If you want to change something, the Performance guide can help you.
- You can launch ISO/WAD files by browsing them, or setting a folder to search for files (which will be shown at the Dolphin's main window)
- Banner/Game Names may not load at first time. Making a save file for that game fixes it. That isn't a bug itself. (GameCube games don't have this issue)
- Items shown can be toggled on/off on the "View" menu.