| Progress Continues
We've already had 12923 updates since Dolphin 5.0. Keep up with Dolphin's continuing progress through the Dolphin Blog: July, August, and September 2020 Progress Report.
| The Dolphin Emulator Wiki needs your help!
Dolphin can play thousands of games, and changes are happening all the time. Help us keep up! Join in and help us make this the best resource for Dolphin.
Mario Kart Arcade GP 2
|Mario Kart Arcade GP 2|
|Developer(s)||Namco Bandai Games|
|Release date(s)|| JP March 14, 2007|
|Mode(s)||Single-player, Multiplayer (4)|
|Input methods||Arcade Controller|
Mario Kart Arcade GP 2 (マリオカート アーケードグランプリ 2) is the second arcade-only iteration of Nintendo's Mario Kart series, developed by Namco for the Triforce arcade board. The game features a wide selection of characters from the Mario and Namco franchises, with gameplay similar to Mario Kart: Double Dash‼.
As an arcade game, after a track is completed credits must be inserted to continue playing, even if the player won the race. Additional tracks and characters can be unlocked through play, with player data saved on a magnetic card (sold separately). Each player can customize his profile, using the arcade cabinet's built in camera to take photograph of the player's face, which can be customized then displayed above the player's character during multiplayer races. On top of adding new tracks and characters to Mario Kart Arcade GP's catalog, GP2 adds color commentary that plays throughout races.
The Triforce branch is required to run this game, as well as a series of settings.
- The AM-Baseboard needs to be set to both SP1 and Port1 in Config ---> GameCube.
- Cheats must be enabled
- The below patch must be used. It will give you 99 Credits so you can play the game and allow the game to boot properly. To apply it, right click on the game in the gamelist, click Edit Config, and paste the patch into the config file. You must then make sure the patches are enabled in the "Patches" tab.
[Display] ProgressiveScan = 0 [Wii] Widescreen = False DisableWiimoteSpeaker = 0 [Video] PH_SZNear = 1 [EmuState] EmulationStateId = 3 [OnFrame] $DI Seed Blanker 0x80000000:dword:0x00000000 0x80000004:dword:0x00000000 0x80000008:dword:0x00000000 $DVDInquiry Patchok 0x80286388:dword:0x3C602100 0x8028638C:dword:0x4E800020 $Ignore CMD Encryption 0x80285CD0:dword:0x93A30008 0x80285CD4:dword:0x93C3000C 0x80285CD8:dword:0x93E30010 $Disable CARD 0x80073BF4:dword:0x98650023 0x80073C10:dword:0x98650023 $Disable CAM 0x80073BD8:dword:0x98650025 $Seat Loop patch 0x800BE10C:dword:0x4800002C $Stuck loop patch 0x8002E100:dword:0x60000000 $60times Loop patch 0x8028B5D4:dword:0x60000000 $GameTestMode Patch 0x8002E340:dword:0x60000000 0x8002E34C:dword:0x60000000 $SeatLoopPatch 0x80084FC4:dword:0x4800000C 0x80085000:dword:0x60000000 $99 credits 0x80690AC0:dword:0x00000063 [OnFrame_Enabled] $DI Seed Blanker $DVDInquiry Patchok $Ignore CMD Encryption $Disable CARD $Disable CAM $Seat Loop patch $Stuck loop patch $60times Loop patch $GameTestMode Patch $SeatLoopPatch $99 credits
- Triforce titles are currently controlled via the GameCube input.
The games built in camera, the "NamCam", is currently not emulated.
No configuration changes are known to affect compatibility for this title.
The graph below charts the compatibility with Mario Kart Arcade GP 2 since Dolphin'srelease, listing revisions only where a compatibility change occurred.
This title has been tested on the environments listed below:
|Windows 8||Intel Core i7-930 @ 2.8GHz||ATI Radeon HD 5800||Some lags at the intro, smooth play, some "Handle-Initialize-Wait"-Freezes while playing||Jackall4BDN|
|Windows 10||Intel Core i7-6700HQ @ 2.6GHz||NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970M||60FPS most of the time with occasional dips during races, no graphical issues as far as I can tell but I don't have an original working machine to compare it|
|Windows 10||Intel Core i7-5500U @ 2.4GHz||NVIDIA GeForce GTX 920M||60-50FPS. Plays perfectly!||SMWHackedHACK|
- Mario Kart Acarde GP 2 on Dolphin Triforce emulator (PC) (HD)
- Mario Kart Arcade GP 2 Dolphin Triforce Emulator Test (Mac)
- Let's Race - Triforce Mario Kart Arcade GP 2 - Yoshi Cup - Dolphin - Logitech G29 Wheel & Pedals
- Let's Race - HOW TO PLAY - Mario Kart Arcade GP 2 on PC & Mac Logitech G29 Racing Wheel - Triforce
- Let's Race - Triforce - Mario Kart Arcade GP 2 - Waluigi Cup - Logitech G29 Wheel & Pedals - 1080p
- Let's Race - Triforce Mario Kart Arcade GP 2 - Rainbow Cup - Logitech G29 Wheel & Pedals - 1080p (Dolphin)
- Let's Race - Triforce Mario Kart Arcade GP 2 - Wario Cup - Logitech G29 Wheel & Pedals - 1080p (Dolphin)