| Progress Continues
We've already had 19097 updates since Dolphin 5.0. Keep up with Dolphin's continuing progress through the Dolphin Blog: December 2022 and January 2023 Progress Report.
| The Dolphin Emulator Wiki needs your help!
Dolphin can play thousands of games, and changes are happening all the time. Help us keep up! Join in and help us make this the best resource for Dolphin.
Summer Stars 2012
|Summer Stars 2012|
|Release date(s)||NA 2012|
|Mode(s)||Single-player, Multiplayer (4)|
|Input methods||Wii Remote + Nunchuk, Wii Balance Board|
Dolphin Forum thread
With more than 18 different disciplines & challenges, Summer Stars 2012 covers a whole range of summer sports. Players can prove their talent in disciplines like Triple Jump, Mountain Biking, Diving or Sprinting and become a top athlete in the career mode. In multiplayer mode, they can compete directly with up to three friends or family members on split screen - delivering a gripping "just one more go" experience. Summer Stars also leaves it up to the players to decide how far they will be physically involved in the gameplay: the game supports traditional arcade-style controls, as well as Wii motion control.
Wii Balance Board
This title supports Wii Balance Board, though no emulation is provided for the Wii Balance Board. The real Wii Balance Board may be required to access some features.
- In Bluetooth Passthrough mode, a Balance Board can be synced just like any Wii Remote, without any special configuration. Refer to the article for details.
- Otherwise, set the Balance Board option in the Controller Configuration dialog from "None" to "Real Balance Board". Then press the red "Sync" button in the battery compartment of the balance board, and press "Refresh" if Continuous Scanning is disabled. There is no fast sync (Wii Remote 1+2) in the Balance Board, so the sync button must be used each time.
There are no reported problems with this title.
No configuration changes are known to affect compatibility for this title.
The graph below charts the compatibility with Summer Stars 2012 since Dolphin's 2.0 release, listing revisions only where a compatibility change occurred.
This title has been tested on the environments listed below:
|5.0-15993||Windows 10||Intel Core i5-2300 @ 2.8 GHz||AMD Radeon HD 6770||Intro/Menu. Direct3D 11, 3xIR, 1xAF, 1x MSAA. Past the screen with the warning about wearing a tightened wrist strap, the screen turns black and an empty Warning dialog box appears. At this point, I cannot exit Dolphin normally, through the Task Manager, or otherwise without restarting my computer. This is decade-old hardware and another user has marked it playable, though.||SpectraNocturne|
- 49Games (Developer)
- Deep Silver (Publisher)
- North America (Release region)
- 2012 (Initial release year)
- Sports (Genre)
- Single-player (Game mode)
- Multiplayer (Game mode)
- 4 (Players supported)
- Wii Remote (Input supported)
- Nunchuk (Input supported)
- Wii Balance Board (Input supported)
- 4 stars (Rating)
- Tested On (Release): 5.0
- Tested On (OS): Windows
- Tested On (CPU): Intel
- Tested On (GPU): AMD
- Untested for 2500+ revisions
- Wii games