| Progress Continues
We've already had 12245 updates since Dolphin 5.0. Keep up with Dolphin's continuing progress through the Dolphin Blog: April 2020 Progress Report.
| The Dolphin Emulator Wiki needs your help!
Dolphin can play thousands of games, and changes are happening all the time. Help us keep up! Join in and help us make this the best resource for Dolphin.
|Input methods||GameCube Controller|
The GameCube Service Disc is used to perform diagnostic testing of a GameCube.
- 1 Emulation Information
- 2 Problems
- 3 Configuration
- 4 Version Compatibility
- 5 Testing
- 6 Gameplay Videos
Improper GameCube Font
Due to copyright concerns, Dolphin is unable to include official GameCube fonts, and instead uses Droid Sans. Unfortunately, Droid Sans does not align well with the size/kerning of the official GameCube font, which can cause text to be misplaced, dialogs to display improperly, and other issues due to differing text sizes.
This can be corrected by including a region appropriate GameCube IPL (i.e. BIOS ROM) under <Dolphin User Folder>/GC/. A GameCube "IPL.bin" can be acquired from a real GameCube using Swiss. Refer . GameCube BIOS files need to be named "IPL.bin" in order for Dolphin to detect them, and should be 2,097,152 bytes in size. IPL files are different for PAL consoles and NTSC consoles, but American NTSC consoles use the same IPL files as Japanese NTSC consoles. The known good CRC32 checksums below can be used to validate files, but it is possible that a bad dump with a different checksum also works.
|NTSC CRC32||Brazil CRC32||PAL CRC32|
- The car demo and Optical Disc Drive Audio test results in a warning from Dolphin: "Interesting - Software triggered Decrementer exception" when it exits. Refer .
Accessory Tests / Controller Test
- Results in "SI:Unknown command (0x43)" error from Dolphin when the test starts.
- The Control Stick test is near impossible to pass without using a real GameCube controller and a Wii U Adapter due to diagonal ranges being over 75.
- "Press the A Button to continue." text appears offset from the black box it should be rendered inside. This can be resolved by using a GameCube BIOS.
Hardware Status / Clock Speed
Hardware Test / Register Test
- Fails on Test 3 showing: "gpits.dol Code:85400001".
- Hangs on Test 9 siram0.dol.
Hardware Test / CPU Test
Hardware Test / Memory Test
Hardware Test / DSP Test
No configuration changes are known to affect compatibility for this title.
The graph below charts the compatibility with Service Disc since Dolphin'srelease, listing revisions only where a compatibility change occurred.
This title has been tested on the environments listed below: