| Progress Continues
We've already had 11040 updates since Dolphin 5.0. Keep up with Dolphin's continuing progress through the Dolphin Blog: August/September 2019 Progress Report.
| The Dolphin Emulator Wiki needs your help!
Dolphin can play thousands of games, and changes are happening all the time. Help us keep up! Join in and help us make this the best resource for Dolphin.
Super Smash Bros. Brawl
|Super Smash Bros. Brawl|
|Developer(s)||Sora, Game Arts|
|Series||Super Smash Bros.|
|Input methods||Wii Remote, Wii Remote+Nunchuckc, Classic Controller, GameCube Controller|
|GameIDs||RSBP01, RSBE01, RSBJ01, RSBK01|
Super Smash Bros. Brawl is the third installment in the Super Smash Bros. series of crossover fighting games, developed by an ad hoc development team consisting of Sora, Game Arts and staff from other developers and published by Nintendo for the Wii video game console. Brawl was announced at a pre-E3 2005 press conference by Nintendo president and Chief Executive Officer Satoru Iwata. Masahiro Sakurai, director of the previous two games in the series, assumed the role of director for the third installment at the request of Iwata. Game development began in October 2005 with a creative team that included members from several Nintendo and third party development teams. After delays due to development problems, the game was finally released on January 31, 2008 in Japan, March 9, 2008 in North America, June 26, 2008 in Australia and June 27, 2008 in Europe. Twenty-seven months after its original Japanese release, the game was released in Korea, on April 29, 2010.
- 1 Problems
- 2 Configuration
- 3 Version Compatibility
- 4 Testing
- 5 Gameplay Videos
- 6 See also
Stability without Unlimited JIT cache
The game may crash during classic mode, during battles vs. a 10-man team. This can be fixed enabling Unlimited JIT Cache in older revisions (newer revisions has a built-in patch to this issue).
- Audio randomly crackles and feeds-back when using the DSP HLE audio engine. The error is random, and its severity depends on the specific revision. If you encounter the error and it's too annoying to ignore, try other builds until you find one that is tolerable, or use the DSP LLE audio engine. Note: DSP LLE requires a dumped DSP bios from a physical console. Instructions are on this forum thread The music glitches will always end when a new music track is played; so any music problems you encounter will end with the current fight, when you leave the menus, or when you play another track in the sound test.
Corrupt Results Display
- The post battle stats are corrupt, refer and . In random cases, the credits screen (after beating classic mode) may suffer from the same issue.
Subspace Emissary Videos
- Many ISOs avaiable on torrents and file hosters are DVD5 (4.7 GB) altered versions of the original DVD9 (8.5 GB) release. In these ISOs most of the videos are removed, resulting in black screens or the same video being repeated all the time when playing the Subspace Emissary. Following these videos, the character select screen may appear; however the names represent the characters for the next level. Dolphin cannot fix this problem; the only solution is to use a full unaltered ISO (Dual Layer Disc, 8.5 GB), specifically a legal backup of your own retail disc.
- Master Piece games fail to load. Emulator freezes on a black screen: FPS 0, VPS 60 Speed 100%. This is caused by Dolphin not supporting soft resets within games; Metroid Prime Trilogy also contains this issue.
- Various controller and Wiimote problems including conflictions and un-responsive controls occur when the Wiimote isn't connected to slot one. If both controller types are present, clear GC pad settings from device one in the GC configuration menu, move all GC pads to slots 2-4 in the same menu, and re-sync the Wiimote.
- The game crashes when you take a screenshot; (use Dolphin's screen shot tool instead).
Sometimes cutscenes are very slow even if the framerate 60 and the gamespeed is 100%
- Post the game is broken. It freezes with the message "Please Insert Super Smash Bros. Game Disc".
- With through the game is broken, but symptoms are currently unclear.
Moveset swaps don't seem to work and crashes on the character selection screen or when a character is chosen
No configuration changes are known to affect compatibility for this title.
The graph below charts the compatibility with Super Smash Bros. Brawl since Dolphin'srelease, listing revisions only where a compatibility change occurred.
Template:Test Entry Template:Test Entry Template:Test Entry Template:Test Entry Template:Test Entry Template:Test Entry Template:Test Entry Template:Test Entry Template:Test Entry Template:Test Entry Template:Test Entry Template:Test Entry |}