| Progress Continues
We've already had 9211 updates since Dolphin 5.0. Keep up with Dolphin's continuing progress through the Dolphin Blog: November Progress Report.
| The Dolphin Emulator Wiki needs your help!
Dolphin can play thousands of games, and changes are happening all the time. Help us keep up! Join in and help us make this the best resource for Dolphin.
Talk:Super Mario Sunshine
60 FPS hack
Some random person keeps saying the 60 FPS hack doesn't work, but it does. I've tested it twice now to reassure that. Patches + Gecko codes are kind of hard to use so I believe a mistake was made somewhere in their setup.
We need some kind of way to validate/test codes so one person doesn't go and make incorrect reversions.
They reverted my change again. Can we block them from the page.
- 126.96.36.199 18:03, 13 May 2016 (CEST)
cave in level 3
since i see no mention of this on the wiki - is it normal for the game not to load past the first couple of screens / hang up when entering the cave in level 3? both on 5.0 and latest builds. if so, how would i disable it before transitioning levels? and another thing, the game runs at 25 or 50fps, could anyone point me towards the setting at fault? --188.8.131.52 14:52, 15 June 2017 (CEST)
- Unclear on the crash. Typically 50/25FPS means you are using a PAL release. Kolano (talk) 18:03, 15 June 2017 (CEST)
For some reason, my addition to the wiki (writing that disabling 'Scaled EFB Copy' causes the heat effect to become really ugly) was removed. ?
Because it causes it to render at 1x IR, which is correct to console. Scaled EFB Copies is an enhancement, and it causes it to render at higher resolution.
- As noted in the pictures below, the blurriness is how the image appears on real hardware. The image is not emulated properly if the heat wave effect is not present. - Flang 14:03, 22 August 2016 (CST)
A few concerns here...
- "Turning Works Improperly" is only a problem with non-default settings and thus likely shouldn't appear.
- Unclear on our recommendation for Scaled EFB copies, when On the edges of the goo appear blocky; turning it off corrects for that but makes almost everything in the scene blurry due to the depth of field effect. Since neither case really breaks anything I've just removed the recommendation for now.
- I've reinserted the change to recommend Scaled EFB Copy disabled after testing the game on a Wii Console. The blurriness that appears with Scaled EFB Copy disabled is accurate emulation. See comparison images:
- First picture is from real hardware, followed by Dolphin comparisons. Scaled EFB Copy does not cause any problems at 1x internal resolution, but with increased resolution, the edges of the goo become jagged and the heat effect becomes unnaturally clear compared to how it looks on real hardware. - Flang 15:14, 24 July 2016 (CST)
Wow, so you're actually saying the blurry heat effect BELONGS to the game? It looks so ugly. It's almost unplayable for me. Mario 64 looks amazing in comparison. I watched a bit on Youtube, and I saw (real GBC footage) that the heat effect actually was like with Scaled EFB enabled.