| Progress Continues
We've already had 13493 updates since Dolphin 5.0. Keep up with Dolphin's continuing progress through the Dolphin Blog: October and November 2020 Progress Report.
| The Dolphin Emulator Wiki needs your help!
Dolphin can play thousands of games, and changes are happening all the time. Help us keep up! Join in and help us make this the best resource for Dolphin.
Difference between revisions of "Template talk:Config"
m (→Bounding Box)
|Line 35:||Line 35:|
== Bounding Box ==
== Bounding Box ==
This template is lacking a bounding box setting. I need it for [[Super Paper Mario]]. --[[User:Wildgoosespeeder|Wildgoosespeeder]] ([[User talk:Wildgoosespeeder|talk]]) 06:23, 29 October 2015 (CET)
This template is lacking a bounding box setting. I need it for [[Super Paper Mario]] . --[[User:Wildgoosespeeder|Wildgoosespeeder]] ([[User talk:Wildgoosespeeder|talk]]) 06:23, 29 October 2015 (CET)
Revision as of 08:54, 29 October 2015
Remember the Dolphin Manual? Well, I've thought about it a lot since that project failed, and really the dolphin manual was only two things.
1. A list of instructions for set up and doing various things. The wiki already has most of that in Help:Contents via our tutorials.
2. A list of functions in the emulator and what they do and where they are.
We already have #1. However, it occurred to me that we already have #2 as well... right here. Template:Config. It lists all of the options in the emulator, shows where they are (general location via categories anyway) and describes them. The problem is that it is very user unfriendly. It's designed to display stuff in wiki pages, and it does that job very well but it's not very friendly for other purposes. So, here's my question to you guys - how hard would it be to make a page that automatically displayed every Template:Config entry? That way, any time Template:Config is updated, the big user-friendly list would be updated as well. With a little tweaking to make it more presentable, we take what we already have and maintain and suddenly it's a one-stop shop for Dolphin help, fulfilling everything the Dolphin Manual set out to achieve! But uh, I don't know how to do that. You know, artist and all. What do you guys think? - MaJoR (talk) 15:23, 13 July 2014 (CEST)
- It'll need some refactoring to automatically add new option to a list and the template's code is messy at the moment. A temporary solution is creating a page and include Config template with every possible entry and then update accordingly whenever we add new options. It's a quick way to archive #2 until we refactor the template's code. Jhonn (talk)
EFB to RAM/Texture
EFB to Ram and EFB to Texture have changed. It is now a single option: "Store EFB Copies to Texture Only". Checked is EFB to Texture, unchecked is EFB to RAM. And of course EFB Copies Disabled is gone. So um, how should we handle this? We'll need an ideal way of handling it as well as a way to migrate everything over. - MaJoR (talk) 05:26, 5 March 2015 (CET)
Here are a few searches providing most of the relevant pages...
...the first finds pages explicitly listing EFB Copies in their config section, the second is more general.
For other checkbox style options we use "On/Off" for the values, so everywhere we have Texture convert to On and everywhere it's RAM convert to Off. The text of the various related problems sections is probably a bit trickier. I guess the docs for this template probably would also need updating. Kolano (talk) 06:09, 5 March 2015 (CET)
- What troubles me is that the config tag now isn't accurate, I would suggest something like efb2texonly. Perhaps delroth could set a simple bot script to us? Search all pages and for every |efbcopy = Texture it finds, replace it with |efb2texonly = On and for every |efbcopy = RAM it finds, replace it with |efb2texonly = Off. Then, a second run to replace |efbcopynotes with |efb2texonlynotes and at least the Config section cleanup is done. Assuming a bot do the boring part, we could then deprecate efbcopy tag to check any page the bot may have missed and properly fix them manually. However we would still need to change wording in all Problems that quotes EFB to Texture/RAM and from my point of view it isn't something we can reliably automate =/ - Jhonn (talk)
- Whoops, I forgot to reply to this! Unfortunately delroth is not interested and is avoiding the project right now. I am going to ask Matt_P about a script to do this. Otherwise we'll need to hunt them down manually. Yea um, ew. Btw, if anyone reading this has any brilliant bot knowledge or can find a good bot for script editing, that would be great. I don't know how familiar matt_p is with this subject. - MaJoR (talk) 08:38, 6 May 2015 (CEST)
Ok guys, finished the batch replace. I also did a rough search in the notes and reworded some of them that explicitly mentioned "Texture" or "RAM" to the corresponding values (on, off) and also removed mentions to EFB Copy Cache. All tags should be correct now but I may have missed one or other note description that still mention to EFB to Texture or EFB to RAM. - Jhonn (talk)
This template is lacking a bounding box setting. I need it for Super Paper Mario and Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door (other games may apply). --Wildgoosespeeder (talk) 06:23, 29 October 2015 (CET)