| Progress Continues
We've already had 13495 updates since Dolphin 5.0. Keep up with Dolphin's continuing progress through the Dolphin Blog: October and November 2020 Progress Report.
| The Dolphin Emulator Wiki needs your help!
Dolphin can play thousands of games, and changes are happening all the time. Help us keep up! Join in and help us make this the best resource for Dolphin.
The Legend of Zelda: Four Swords Adventures
|The Legend of Zelda: Four Swords Adventures|
|Series||The Legend of Zelda|
|Input methods||Gamepad, GameBoy Advance|
|GameIDs||G4SE01, G4SP01, G4SJ01|
The Legend of Zelda: Four Swords Adventures is a video game in Nintendo's The Legend of Zelda series. It was released for the Nintendo GameCube in Japan on March 18, 2004; in North America on June 7, 2004; in Europe on January 7, 2005; and in Australia on April 7, 2005. The Game Boy Advance hand held game console can be used as a controller when using the Nintendo GameCube Game Boy Advance Cable bundled with the game in North America.
Resizing the Window (DX9)
Switching between full-screen and windowed mode, or even just resizing the window in DirectX9 will make some textures, especially Link, invisible. This does not happen on OpenGL/DX11 plug-in
Moon Gate Crash
The game crashes when entering a Moon Gate, or operates very slowly under some versions.
This title does not need non-default settings to run properly.
Gameboy connection support can be supported via joybus emulation. You will need VBA-M (r947 or newer) and a dump of GBA BIOS (see here an excellent dump guide). To connect GBA:
- Launch Dolphin (only or newer will work, in older revisions you can use DSP LLE Plug-in, but it is very slow!)
- Start Legend of Zelda: Four Swords Adventures and choose multiplayer
- In connection screen, go to Config => GameCube and change the ports to GBA
- Launch VBA-M, go to Options => Emulator and uncheck "Pause When Inactive". Then, go to Options => Link => Joybus options, mark "Enable Joybus Connection" and use default settings (127.0.0.1)
- When you enable joybus, Dolphin will freeze (don't panic, its ok!). Now load the GBA Bios in VBA-M, after the splash screen Dolphin will recognise the joybus link and game will detect it as a standard GBA.
To connect other GBAs, just repeat last instruction. Remember to unblock Dolphin and VBA-M in your firewall (some firewalls may block joybus link), otherwise Dolphin will stuck in connection screen. If you are in doubt, refer to this video for more details.