| Progress Continues
We've already had 15409 updates since Dolphin 5.0. Keep up with Dolphin's continuing progress through the Dolphin Blog: August 2021 Progress Report.
| The Dolphin Emulator Wiki needs your help!
Dolphin can play thousands of games, and changes are happening all the time. Help us keep up! Join in and help us make this the best resource for Dolphin.
The Legend of Zelda: Four Swords Adventures
|The Legend of Zelda: Four Swords Adventures|
|Series||The Legend of Zelda|
|Input methods||GameCube controller, GameBoy Advance|
|GameIDs||G4SE01, G4SP01, G4SJ01|
The Legend of Zelda: Four Swords Adventures is a video game in Nintendo's The Legend of Zelda series. It was released for the Nintendo GameCube in Japan on March 18, 2004; in North America on June 7, 2004; in Europe on January 7, 2005; and in Australia on April 7, 2005. The Game Boy Advance hand held game console can be used as a controller when using the Nintendo GameCube Game Boy Advance Cable bundled with the game in North America.
Resizing the Window (DX9)
Switching between full-screen and windowed mode, or even just resizing the window in DirectX9 will make some textures, especially Link, invisible. This does not happen on OpenGL/DX11 plug-in.
Moon Gate Crash
The game crashes when entering a Moon Gate, or operates very slowly under some versions.
Can't Hold Button
In the game, there are events that require holding a button such as pulling a switch. It may not be possible to hold it for long enough because the button press is disrupted among frames. This problem can be avoided by disabling "idle skipping" in the configuration.
Only configuration options for the best compatibility where they deviate from defaults are listed.
|OpenGL or Direct3D 11||The Direct3D9 plug-in has invisible texture problems post window resizing|
|Fast||If disabled, various texture errors occur and all Link sprites will be black.|
Gameboy connection support can be supported via joybus emulation. Such requires VBA-M (r947 or newer) and a dump of GBA BIOS (see here an excellent dump guide). To connect GBA:
- Launch Dolphin (only or newer will work with DSP HLE plug-in, otherwise one must use the DSP LLE plug-in
- Start Legend of Zelda: Four Swords Adventures and choose multi-player
- In connection screen, go to Config => GameCube and change the ports to GBA
- Launch VBA-M, go to Options => Emulator and uncheck "Pause When Inactive". Then, go to Options => Link => Joybus options, mark "Enable Joybus Connection" and use default settings (127.0.0.1)
- When enabling joybus, Dolphin will freeze (don't panic, its OK!). Now load the GBA Bios in VBA-M, after the splash screen Dolphin will recognize the joybus link and game will detect it as a standard GBA.
To connect other GBAs, just repeat last instruction. Remember to unblock Dolphin and VBA-M in your firewall (some firewalls may block joybus link), otherwise Dolphin will stuck in connection screen. If you are in doubt, refer to this video for more details.
The graph below charts the compatibility with The Legend of Zelda: Four Swords Adventures since Dolphin'srelease, listing revisions only where a compatibility change occurred.