| Progress Continues
We've already had 15360 updates since Dolphin 5.0. Keep up with Dolphin's continuing progress through the Dolphin Blog: August 2021 Progress Report.
| The Dolphin Emulator Wiki needs your help!
Dolphin can play thousands of games, and changes are happening all the time. Help us keep up! Join in and help us make this the best resource for Dolphin.
Could you please replace
content: " ·"; with
content: " · "; in MediaWiki:Common.css? That way navboxes would show "first · second" instead of "first ·second". Flacs (talk) 23:45, 24 November 2019 (CET)
- Revised, but not seeing any effect as of yet. Presuming there is some caching that needs to expire. Kolano (talk) 00:22, 25 November 2019 (CET)
Can I ask why you reverted my change on the Batman Begins page to use the link to the wiki itself back to the forum thread? (The change I'm referring to.) I think it would be better to link to the relevant section directly in the wiki itself than the forum thread. Hman360 (talk) 01:15, 20 April 2020 (CEST)
- I would guess they were just trying to revise the Issues link in your original edit, prior to you revising it to use the internal GameIni link, overwriting your secondary change. I've restored it. Kolano (talk) 01:52, 20 April 2020 (CEST)
- Indeed, my edit was only to use the issue template. Don't know what happened but the wiki showed the previous edit (with the forum link) as the latest revision when I did the change. mbc07 (talk) 02:09, 20 April 2020 (CEST)
Wii Fit Plus Channel issue
Hey, I had only written that can be fixed by the change in setting, but however this can cause mini games to break as written in the GameINI note. I had written it for future reference that if someone uses the settings and the game becomes unplayable, then at least that person will be able to know what caused the game to break. Or am I wrong? Please correct me if I am. Thanks. Jack (talk) 06:00, 5 June 2021 (CEST)
- Dolphin comes with "Store EFB Copies to Texture Only" enabled by default because it's faster, however less accurate compared to a real GC/Wii. Some games will break if that option is enabled, and on such cases the GameINI will automatically disable that option. By disabling that option the EFB Copies will be stored both in the RAM and into the Texture, which is slower performance-wise but more accurate to the real hardware, thus fixing related problems in the affected games.
- Your previous edit suggested that disabling Store EBF to Texture Only (the more accurate behavior) breaks the mini games, but like I wrote in the change, that's nonsense since it makes the emulator behave more like to the real hardware in that scenario. I'm not saying there isn't an issue with the mini games, just that there's no way for the issue to be caused by that option, if the problem really exists. mbc07 (talk) 05:25, 5 June 2021 (CEST)
- Well if you say that Disabling “Store EFB to TEXTURE” does not break games, then why isn’t it made by default in the GameINI of Wii Fit Plus and channel. If it’s made default then at least the mii faces and graph would appear in the wii menu. Also, if disabling it is not the reason for mini games to break then the GameINI note stating that the games are broken by this setting should be removed. Jack (talk) 06:00, 5 June 2021 (CEST)
- Did you actually test the channel or cared to at least check the contents of its INI file? It's clearly stated on the current GameINI (RFP.ini) that disabling "Store EFB Copies to Texture Only" is required for the Mii faces and the graph to show up in the channel, but it's not enabled by default since it will cause a performance hit in the main game, which doesn't require this option for anything else. If the option is not defined or commented out (like in the current INI), Dolphin will use what's set on the Graphics config, and "Store EFB Copies to Texture Only" comes enabled by default.
- I suggest you read Project:Wiki conventions if you didn't yet. On the wiki we only track problems that happen with the default Dolphin settings, and currently the default config for this game (and by extension the channel, since they share the same ID) is having "Store EFB to Textures Only" not set on the INI (thus, falling back to the global config, which is enabled by default), that will cause the missing Mii faces and graphs on the channel (and only on the channel). Regarding the mini games, they might hang if you have "Store EFB Copies to Texture Only" disabled while "Defer EFB Copies to RAM" is enabled, but that last option is disabled by default through the INI, thus, not tracked on the wiki. mbc07 (talk) 22:31, 5 June 2021 (CEST)