| Progress Continues
We've already had 12257 updates since Dolphin 5.0. Keep up with Dolphin's continuing progress through the Dolphin Blog: May and June 2020 Progress Report.
| The Dolphin Emulator Wiki needs your help!
Dolphin can play thousands of games, and changes are happening all the time. Help us keep up! Join in and help us make this the best resource for Dolphin.
Fixed entry moved back into Enhancements?
I see that you have taken Sonic Heroes#Graphical Glitches with IR>1 back into Enhancements section and I suppose you have read guidelines, I want you to know it's one man change. I have discussion about it here Project talk:Wiki Conventions#Inapporopriate use of Enhancements Section. Enhancement issues are normally wontfix and yet this one is fixed, shouldn't it go to Problems section now? Lucario (talk) 02:38, 23 June 2019 (CEST)
- The particular issue does belong under Enhancements. However, a reason to move it would be to align with the way problems are tracked by the Problems template, which should aid with clean-up post the 6.0 release. Really we should add a secondary Enhancements template to handle them similarly (even though there is no commitment to resolve enhancement issues). I've been too lazy to go through the gyrations to set one up though. Kolano (talk) 04:45, 23 June 2019 (CEST)
- "Due to an enhancement"? Right, there are lot of ways to name it, "enhancement issue", "issue of an enhancement", etc... even just an "issue" or "problem" can work. I get that going under problems means that'll afflict compatibility rating of a game, so why not let emu info have it? And uh, it's slashed, so it won't affect compatibility rating any more. Does it still has to go under Enhancements? There's problem template that can pick it up for 6.0 cleanup. Lucario (talk) 16:09, 23 June 2019 (CEST)
- If it were up to me, we'd just track all problems under problems. But since folks want to distinguish between "enhancement" related issues that will be ignored, and others this is what we have. Moving things back and forth between those sections based on if they are resolved or not just leads to confusion as to where specific issues belong.
- Regarding the secondary template, yes a template similar to the current Problems one but for the Enhancements section; which would generate a separate set of similar categories as the Problems one does for resolved enhancement problems. Kolano (talk) 20:03, 23 June 2019 (CEST)
- It does make sense in some way for maintenance OCD but there's Emu Info that could've got it just as well. Still, problem is problem, Dolphin's terms must have confused you. I see you took some into Emu Info and that's good, just why not all into there? I guess we aren't on same page, there were Sonic Heroes 1>IR issue that's not a "wontfix" on bug tracker and yet it is in Enhancement section on this Wiki because of your ruling. Oh well, it can't be helped. Seeing them into Enhancements are giving me OCD.
- In the past you did made good pointer that Emu Info should be above of other sections for visibility. Problematic enhancements can receive more attention if they're in there than in Enhancements section that's deep down in page. It's good because even there are ignorant readers that may not know that the "problem" was enhancement related. They'll expect the end of Problems section is the end of problem reports. Lucario (talk) 04:21, 27 June 2019 (CEST)