| Progress Continues
We've already had 11583 updates since Dolphin 5.0. Keep up with Dolphin's continuing progress through the Dolphin Blog: November 2019 Progress Report.
| The Dolphin Emulator Wiki needs your help!
Dolphin can play thousands of games, and changes are happening all the time. Help us keep up! Join in and help us make this the best resource for Dolphin.
- Hey there, I've seen you've been providing widescreen patches for quite a few various games. I wasn't sure of the best place to reach you, so I thought I'd ask here, would it be possible to get a widescreen patch for the NTSC version of Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles? You'd have my eternal thanks! (i am unsure how to wiki, so if I've messed something on this page up I'm sorry) 184.108.40.206 00:50, 23 May 2015 (CEST)
I did not give you permission to post my widescreen codes on Dolphin Emulator Wiki! Please give proper credit and a link back to the original source or remove the codes from the site. - Ralf
I've cleaned up the pre-existing versions of your AR codes, providing attribution. Please keep in mind this was purely as a favor to you Ralf, since you've been nice enough to provide so many codes. In general, I don't expect we'll be able to maintain such over time, as various codes will get copied to different locations and it will likely become difficult to work out to whom to attribute things to. I've also copied over a number of missing codes (mainly for 60Hz modes). We still need to capture many of these codes though, specifically those on the list beyond PAL:P. If you are able to continue to assist with this, UmbraWitchJeanne, it would be appreciated. Kolano (talk) 08:30, 27 May 2015 (CEST)
- I'm terribly sorry about that, Ralf. I'll be sure to give you credit for all further widescreen patches of yours that I add to the wiki's pages. UmbraWitchJeanne (talk) 21:03, 1 July 2015 (CEST)
Animal Crossing 16:9 AR code
Thanks for adding all of these widescreen patches but I was just wondering, what is this code for? Dolphin's "Force 16:9" seems to work just fine for Animal Crossing.
- Upon further inspection, Dolphin's "Force 16:9" option actually works even better than the AR code. The AR code is making everything too narrow:
- Native 4:3 - http://i.imgur.com/XuZsibz.png
- Force 16:9 - http://i.imgur.com/AiV3eXy.png
- AR code - http://i.imgur.com/2LUESXo.png
After speaking with JMC4789 and MayImilae, I removed the AR codes because they are not needed. Dolphin's built-in widescreen hack work just fine for this game. We'll also be removing all other AR codes you added until someone confirms that Dolphin's built-in widescreen hack isn't working for a specific game and an AR code is needed, as was the case with Wind Waker.
Just as a side note for posterity, MayImilae actually speculated that these might actually be 21:9 codes instead of 16:9.