| Progress Continues
We've already had 19465 updates since Dolphin 5.0. Keep up with Dolphin's continuing progress through the Dolphin Blog: February, March and April 2023 Progress Report.
| The Dolphin Emulator Wiki needs your help!
Dolphin can play thousands of games, and changes are happening all the time. Help us keep up! Join in and help us make this the best resource for Dolphin.
We Ski & Snowboard
|We Ski & Snowboard|
|Developer(s)||Namco Bandai Games|
|Publisher(s)||Namco Bandai Games|
|Release date(s)||JP November 13, 2008|
EU February 27, 2009
NA March 3, 2009
KO December 10, 2015
|Genre(s)||Sports, Skiing, Snowboarding|
|Mode(s)||Single-player, Multiplayer (4)|
|Input methods||Wii Remote + Nunchuk, Wii Balance Board|
Dolphin Forum thread
We Ski & Snowboard, also known as Family Ski & Snowboard, is a wintry thrill ride through many different environments on the awesome Mt. Angrio and cool Jamboree Snow Resort. Players enjoy the classic motion-based controls popularized by We Ski using the Wii Remote and Nunchuk controllers, or by adding the increased realism of the Wii Balance Board for even more ski and snowboard action. Custom characters and player Mii's add even more dimension to snow-capped adventures across even more mountain terrain than ever with vast free-riding areas. Leisurely gondola rides to sloping peaks invite a breathtaking panoramic experience, while heli-drops from extreme dizzying heights offer-up opportunities to shred down vertical cliffs and severe precipices. Players should be sure to watch out for avalanches!
Hot Doggers can quench their thirst for excitement with half-pipe courses, and ski technique challenges, while loungers can look forward to other activities including ski school, board school, moguls and slaloms, as well as animal search and rescue. Players can enjoy the sprawling vistas with day, night and dusk skiing, offering countless nuances to an ever-expanding list of experiences. The whole family can still enjoy fast-paced racing action or free-skiing with four-player fun, while single players can enjoy the ride with up to three AI-controlled skiing buddies.
Wii Balance Board
This title supports Wii Balance Board, though no emulation is provided for the Wii Balance Board. The real Wii Balance Board may be required to access some features.
- In Bluetooth Passthrough mode, a Balance Board can be synced just like any Wii Remote, without any special configuration. Refer to the article for details.
- Otherwise, set the Balance Board option in the Controller Configuration dialog from "None" to "Real Balance Board". Then press the red "Sync" button in the battery compartment of the balance board, and press "Refresh" if Continuous Scanning is disabled. There is no fast sync (Wii Remote 1+2) in the Balance Board, so the sync button must be used each time.
Real Wii Remote Disconnect
Real Wii Remotes can disconnect with Wii Remote speaker enabled. Turn off Enable Speaker Data to correct for this.
There are no reported problems with this title.
Only configuration options for the best compatibility where they deviate from defaults are listed.
|Enable Speaker Data||Off||Avoid Wii Remote disconnects|
The graph below charts the compatibility with We Ski & Snowboard since Dolphin's 2.0 release, listing revisions only where a compatibility change occurred.
This title has been tested on the environments listed below:
- Namco Bandai Games (Developer)
- Namco Bandai Games (Publisher)
- Japan (Release region)
- Europe (Release region)
- North America (Release region)
- Korea (Release region)
- 2008 (Initial release year)
- Sports (Genre)
- Skiing (Genre)
- Snowboarding (Genre)
- Single-player (Game mode)
- Multiplayer (Game mode)
- 4 (Players supported)
- Wii Remote (Input supported)
- Nunchuk (Input supported)
- Wii Balance Board (Input supported)
- 4 stars (Rating)
- Enable Speaker Data (Config Required)
- Wii games