| Progress Continues
We've already had 19465 updates since Dolphin 5.0. Keep up with Dolphin's continuing progress through the Dolphin Blog: February, March and April 2023 Progress Report.
| The Dolphin Emulator Wiki needs your help!
Dolphin can play thousands of games, and changes are happening all the time. Help us keep up! Join in and help us make this the best resource for Dolphin.
|Developer(s)||Next Level Games|
|Release date(s)||JP July 23, 2009|
NA May 18, 2009
EU May 22, 2009
AUS August 27, 2009
|Mode(s)||Single-player, Multiplayer (2)|
|Input methods||Wii Remote, Wii Remote + Nunchuk, Wii Balance Board|
Punch-Out!! is a boxing video game for the Wii. It is the latest game in the Punch-Out!! series. It was developed by Canadian developer Next Level Games. Game designer Shigeru Miyamoto served as the game's producer. It was first revealed at Nintendo's conference on October 2, 2008. It was released exclusively at the Nintendo World Store in New York City on May 16, 2009, two days before its official North American release. The Australian release was only available at JB Hi-Fi stores.
Wii Balance Board
This title supports Wii Balance Board, though no emulation is provided for the Wii Balance Board. The real Wii Balance Board may be required to access some features.
- In Bluetooth Passthrough mode, a Balance Board can be synced just like any Wii Remote, without any special configuration. Refer to the article for details.
- Otherwise, set the Balance Board option in the Controller Configuration dialog from "None" to "Real Balance Board". Then press the red "Sync" button in the battery compartment of the balance board, and press "Refresh" if Continuous Scanning is disabled. There is no fast sync (Wii Remote 1+2) in the Balance Board, so the sync button must be used each time.
There are no reported problems with this title.
plusnine's Punch-Out!! Wii HD-Ready Project
No configuration changes are known to affect compatibility for this title.
The graph below charts the compatibility with Punch-Out‼ since Dolphin's 2.0 release, listing revisions only where a compatibility change occurred.
This title has been tested on the environments listed below:
|r7478||Windows 7||Intel Core i7-2600K @ 3.4 GHz||AMD Radeon HD 6950||Game runs fine. Wii Remote cuts out if using real Wii Remote.||Robodt7|
|3.0||Windows XP||Intel Core i5-2300 @ 2.9 GHz||NVIDIA GeForce GTS 450||HLE audio runs full speed but is heavily glitched, lots of distortion. LLE audio also runs full speed but stutters on knockdowns and intermissions/boxer selection. Played with USB NES controller. Texture Cache set to fastest setting. Crashes occasionally.||Audiospawn|
|4.0.1||Windows 8||Intel Core i7-4770 @ 3.4 GHz||AMD Radeon HD 7950||Running perfectly with hybrid Wii Remote. All issues in previous revisions are absent.||Pergmen121|
|4.0-5935||Windows 7||AMD FX-8350 @ 4 GHz||NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750||Game runs very smoothly. 2x native achieved with practically no problems and only some frame drops during star punches and being hit at 3x & 4x native. Used an Xbox 360 controller as an emulated Wii remote and it works perfectly. HLE audio is somewhat choppy but LLE audio works fine.||Combatheros|
- Next Level Games (Developer)
- Nintendo (Publisher)
- Punch-Out‼ (Series)
- Japan (Release region)
- North America (Release region)
- Europe (Release region)
- Australia (Release region)
- 2009 (Initial release year)
- Sports (Genre)
- Boxing (Genre)
- Single-player (Game mode)
- Multiplayer (Game mode)
- 2 (Players supported)
- Wii Remote (Input supported)
- Nunchuk (Input supported)
- Wii Balance Board (Input supported)
- 4 stars (Rating)
- Tested On (OS): Windows
- Tested On (CPU): Intel
- Tested On (GPU): AMD
- Tested On (Release): 3.0
- Tested On (GPU): NVIDIA
- Tested On (Release): 4.0.1
- Tested On (Release): 4.0
- Tested On (CPU): AMD
- Untested for 10000+ revisions
- Wii games