| Progress Continues
We've already had 12380 updates since Dolphin 5.0. Keep up with Dolphin's continuing progress through the Dolphin Blog: May and June 2020 Progress Report.
| The Dolphin Emulator Wiki needs your help!
Dolphin can play thousands of games, and changes are happening all the time. Help us keep up! Join in and help us make this the best resource for Dolphin.
|Input methods||GameCube Controller|
The GameCube Service Disc is used to perform diagnostic testing of a GameCube.
- 1 Problems
- 1.1 Poorly Rendered Text
- 1.2 Accessory Tests / Controller Test
- 1.3 Audio Tests
- 1.4 Hardware Status / Clock Speed
- 1.5 Hardware Status / Register Test
- 1.6 Hardware Status / CPU Test
- 1.7 Hardware Status / Memory Test
- 1.8 Hardware Status / DSP Test
- 1.9 Hardware Status / Optical Disc Drive Test
- 1.10 Demo
- 2 Configuration
- 3 Version Compatibility
- 4 Testing
- 5 Gameplay Videos
Poorly Rendered Text
Accessory Tests / Controller Test
- Results in "SI:Unknown command (0x43)" error from Dolphin when the test starts.
- Test fails and displays a "Failed" message post the directional control test.
- "Press the A Button to continue." text appears offset from the black box it presumably should be rendered inside. This can be resolved by using the real GamcCube fonts extracted from a GameCube BIOS.
- If using the OpenAL audio backend test audio is only heard well after the test exits, and plays much faster than it should, so the words "Left Channel", "Right Channel", etc are difficult to distinguish and sound more like static. These issues can be resolved if using the XAudio2 backend, though that's not available outside of Windows. Refer .
- The Optical Disc Drive test results in a warning from Dolphin: "Interesting - Software triggered Decrementer exception" when it exits. Refer .
Hardware Status / Clock Speed
Hardware Status / Register Test
- Fails on Test 3 showing: "gpits.dol Code:85400001".
- Hangs on Test 9 siram0.dol.
Hardware Status / CPU Test
Hardware Status / Memory Test
Hardware Status / DSP Test
Immediately fails Test 1: accprinter.dol with error message from Dolphin "HLE system tried to call an undefined HLE function 39320", regardless if HLE or LLE audio is used and then crashes Dolphin. Refer .
Hardware Status / Optical Disc Drive Test
Only configuration options for the best compatibility where they deviate from defaults are listed.
|XAudio2||OpenAL backend results in various audio issues.|
The graph below charts the compatibility with Service Disc since Dolphin'srelease, listing revisions only where a compatibility change occurred.
This title has been tested on the environments listed below: