| Progress Continues
We've already had 14122 updates since Dolphin 5.0. Keep up with Dolphin's continuing progress through the Dolphin Blog: February and March 2021 Progress Report.
| The Dolphin Emulator Wiki needs your help!
Dolphin can play thousands of games, and changes are happening all the time. Help us keep up! Join in and help us make this the best resource for Dolphin.
Configuring Dolphin the right way is very important to run games smoothly. This performance guide will show a "quick and dirty" example of how to speed up Dolphin. There is also a guide offering a Configuration Explanation. Open Dolphin and there are three configuration related buttons: Config, Graphics and DSP, which will open the options described below.
Apply the following settings:
- Enabled Dual Core - if your CPU supports it. Note: some games doesn't work with it.
- Enable Idle Skipping.
- The Direct3D9 graphics backend is fastest and most reliable backend available. It is recommended to you use it unless you encounter problems.
- Setting the "Fullscreen resolution" to your monitors native display resolution is recommended. However, a lower "Fullscreen resolution" may boost performance for users with inferior graphics cards.
- Set Internal Resolution to "Auto - (Multiple of 640x528)". If your computer has slowdown, change to "1x Native (640x528)" or lower, and go up from there till you can find the highest setting without slowdown.
- Checking "Skip EFB Access from CPU" can provide a speed boost. However, some games like Super Mario Galaxy require this to be unchecked to function properly.
- DSP HLE emulation is the fastest DSP Emulator Engine, however it is somewhat unreliable. DSP LLE recompiler is more accurate and is required by some games.
The Gamespeed is too fast!
- Framelimit Off + Audio Throttle checked
- Framelimit Auto + Audio Throttle unchecked
- Framelimit Off + Audio Throttle unchecked, Enable V-Sync (with a 60htz monitor refresh rate)
How can I play in 720p or 1080p?
To play in 720p go to "Graphics -> Direct3D" and change the Window Size to 1280x720. For 1080p simply choose 1920x1080.