| Progress Continues
We've already had 19087 updates since Dolphin 5.0. Keep up with Dolphin's continuing progress through the Dolphin Blog: December 2022 and January 2023 Progress Report.
| The Dolphin Emulator Wiki needs your help!
Dolphin can play thousands of games, and changes are happening all the time. Help us keep up! Join in and help us make this the best resource for Dolphin.
Super Monkey Ball: Step & Roll
|Super Monkey Ball: Step & Roll|
|Series||Super Monkey Ball|
|Release date(s)||NA February 9, 2010|
AUS February 11, 2010
EU February 12, 2010
JP February 25, 2010
|Mode(s)||Single-player, Multiplayer (4)|
|Input methods||Wii Remote, Wii Remote + Nunchuk, Wii Balance Board|
Dolphin Forum thread
With the whole world at your feet, are you ready to roll!? AiAi and all his friends are stepping onto the Wii Balance Board in an all-new party game for Wii. Super Monkey Ball: Step & Roll brings back what you love about Super Monkey Ball and promises plenty of surprises around every turn. Get ready for a whole new level of monkey madness as Super Monkey Ball Step & Roll rolls into your living rooms!
Wii Balance Board
This title supports Wii Balance Board, though no emulation is provided for the Wii Balance Board. The real Wii Balance Board may be required to access some features.
- In Bluetooth Passthrough mode, a Balance Board can be synced just like any Wii Remote, without any special configuration. Refer to the article for details.
- Otherwise, set the Balance Board option in the Controller Configuration dialog from "None" to "Real Balance Board". Then press the red "Sync" button in the battery compartment of the balance board, and press "Refresh" if Continuous Scanning is disabled. There is no fast sync (Wii Remote 1+2) in the Balance Board, so the sync button must be used each time.
There are no reported problems with this title.
This title does not need non-default settings to run properly.
The graph below charts the compatibility with Super Monkey Ball: Step & Roll since Dolphin's 2.0 release, listing revisions only where a compatibility change occurred.
This title has been tested on the environments listed below:
|r5038||Windows 7||Intel Core 2 Quad Q9505 @ 2.83 GHz||NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GT||Game works perfectly at full speed. There is a little bug though: when you reach the goal, screen turns white instead of showing AiAi flying to the next level (can be seen in the video). Sound and controls work fine. Super Monkey Ball: Step & Roll (Wii) on Dolphin Wii/GC Emulator Full Speed||nosound98|
|3.0-735||Windows 7||Intel Core i7-2600 @ 3.4 GHz||NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 Ti||Unplayable, crashes immediately after the PRESS A sequence.|
|4.0.2||Windows 7||Intel Core i5-2500K @ 4.4 GHz||AMD Radeon HD 6870||Crashes right after the A button is pressed at the title screen.||2PeteShakur|
|4.0-5823||Windows 7||Intel Core i5-960 @ 3.6 GHz||NVIDIA GeForce 580||Starts, and first level can be launched||Kolano|
|5.0-478||Windows 10||Intel Core i5-6600K @ 4.4 GHz||NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970||IR 4X, MSAA 2X, Direct X 11, no special settings. Game runs very well, full speed. Absolute stunner in stereo 3D, almost as if the game was made for 3D.||Megapsychotron|
- Sega (Developer)
- Sega (Publisher)
- Super Monkey Ball (Series)
- North America (Release region)
- Australia (Release region)
- Europe (Release region)
- Japan (Release region)
- 2010 (Initial release year)
- Puzzle (Genre)
- Action (Genre)
- Single-player (Game mode)
- Multiplayer (Game mode)
- 4 (Players supported)
- Wii Remote (Input supported)
- Nunchuk (Input supported)
- Wii Balance Board (Input supported)
- 5 stars (Rating)
- Tested On (OS): Windows
- Tested On (CPU): Intel
- Tested On (GPU): NVIDIA
- Tested On (Release): 3.0
- Tested On (Release): 4.0.2
- Tested On (GPU): AMD
- Tested On (Release): 4.0
- Tested On (Release): 5.0
- Untested for 10000+ revisions
- Wii games